Dreamed of Narendra Modi, Digital India is an committed program to prepare India for the knowledge based modification and providing good governance to people by synchronized and co-ordinated involvement with both central government and local government.
The Digital India program is based on three key areas- Digital facilities as a utility to every resident, governance and services on demand and digital empowerment of people.
The nine support beams of digital India program include: broadband highway, universal accessibility, public Internet connection, e-Governance, e-Kranti, information for all, electronics manufacturing, IT for jobs and early harvest program.
1. Broadband highway: Resting of nationwide optical fiber network (NOFN) in all 2.5 lakh gram panchayats in the nation will occur in a phased way. The NOFN will be finished in FY 2016-17 with a complete approximated price of Rs 20,100 crore. NOFN facilities connection is organized to be be formulated by govt customer system (GUN) as an overlay on NOFN. The approximated price of the venture is Rs 4900 crore as capex and Rs 2,500 crore as opex for a interval of 10 decades.
2. Universal access: Guaranteeing mobile phone access in around 44,000 discovered towns in the nation and government is taking action to ensure that all towns are covered through mobile phone connection by 2018. The government has also made the decision to set up 1,836 mobile towers to connect the unconnected areas in the states suffering from Left Wing Extremism (LWE) at a venture cost of Rs 3,567.58 crore to be met from USOF.
3. Public Internet access: To develop the protection of typical solutions middle (CSC) from 1.35 lakhs to 1.5 lakhs, i.e. one in every panchayat. Even 1.5 lakh post ofices to be transformed to be transformed to a multi-service centers in 2 decades.
4. e-Governance: Business procedure re-engineering will be performed to enhance procedures and service distribution. Solutions will be incorporated with UIDAI, transaction access and mobile platform. Even general public complaint redressal will be computerized end to end.
5. e-Kranti: e-Kranti concentrates on electronic delivery of services whether it is education, health, farming, rights and financial addition. In education, the focus is on digital knowledge program and MOOC (massive online open courses) and installing free Wi-Fi in 250,000 educational institutions. In healthcare, the government is worrying on on the internet assessment, medical records, medicine supply and pan India exchange for individual details, pilots by 2015 and full dental coverage plans in 3 years. Farm owners will get real-time price details, Online cash loan and relief payment with mobile banking.
6. Information for all: The focus will be on online internet website hosting service of data and realistic participation through social media and web based systems like MyGov.
Also Read:- 9 Pillars of Digital India
7. Electronics manufacturing: Concentrate is on set tob containers, VSAT, mobile,consumer electronics, technology, medical electronic devices, intelligent energy metres, Smart cards and micro ATMs. For this the government is co-ordinating on many front be it taxes, rewards, financial systems of range and offering cost benefits to local producers.
8. IT for Jobs: The government is planning to teaching one crore learners from small towns and village for IT industry. Plans are also to exercise 300,000 assistance distribution providers in 2 years to run practical companies offering IT services and telecoms companies to train 500,000 rural workers in 5 years.
9. Early Harvest: The govt is planning to set up Aadhaar Allowed Fingerprint Presence Program in all central government workplaces situated at Delhi. A web based application software system will allow online documenting of attendance and its watching by the involved stakeholders.
A program of properly secured email is being recognized, to improve its utilization within government program for 50 lakh workers by March, 2015. To provide Wi-Fi in all colleges on NKN by Dec, 2015. All guides will be e-books and SMS based climate information and disaster alerts